> Considering everything, this was one of the more remarkable victories ever, very impressive.
Yes! He had to play better than other top centaurs using Rybka 3 BETA!
Well done Eros + the mighty team Ultima! Congratulations and well deserved.
> Taken out of context
> Eros is a dangerous psychopath.
Maybe that's a requirement to win the Freestyle? :)
Print out the pictures of all the freestyle winners (the winners from previous freestyles are available in Arno's reports and elsewhere). Then, ask a number of people who have never heard of freestyle to identify the person most likely to be an ax murderer. :-)
> Then, ask a number of people who have never heard of freestyle to identify the person most likely to be an ax murderer. :-)
Why do I have the feeling that Eros would win that as well? :)
But also my congratulations go to all who made it to the final. It is very hard to get to it in such a highly competitive field of players.
> In addition, six special prices (software and books), donated by CSS and Edition Marco, are awarded to the following participants:
> Best non-qualified player with 6 (resp. 5.5) points
> Best non-qualified player with 5.5 (resp. 5) points
> Best non-qualified player with 5 (resp. 4.5) points
> The player with most tournament participation
> A ‚Lucky Win’ (decided by drawing lots)
> The most beautiful game (decided by a jury)
1. Opteron 885 (16-core with 8 x dual 2,4 Ghz, 32 GB RAM). Here only Zappa played with 6500 kn/s (starting position). This machine stands near to Los Angeles (loan price 120 Euro for 4 days).
2. SUN X4450 (4 x Quadcore 2,93 Ghz, 16 GB RAM). Here only Rybka 2.3.2a played with 800 kn/s (starting position). This machine stands in his bedroom (because of the noise; price 80 Euro per day plus insurance plus transport)
3. X5355 (8 core 2,66 Ghz). Analyzing machine.
4. And old notebook (one meter away to avoid faulty insertion) to send the "real" moves to playchess.
5. An old pc with a large monitor as remote station. Here he operates the servers #1 and #2.
Uwe Märtens has an DWZ about 2000 (fifteen years ago) and played alone. Some weeks before the final he was searching for machines for the final. 20 emails to computer center, universities and firms and all was right. He was near to get his beloved X7350 for a fair loan price, but finally it collapsed because of safety regulations.
Uwe seems to be a nice guy. He has played in freestyle before, but always has problems with his organisation. Therefore this time he made it serious. He admit, that he has had some luck in the last final.
With best respect,
Pablo Ignacio Restrepo
Father playchess usser
Powered by mwForum 2.27.4 © 1999-2012 Markus Wichitill