Not logged inRybka Chess Community Forum
Up Topic Rybka Support & Discussion / Aquarium / RTHome problem
- - By cma6 (****) Date 2020-02-16 21:38
On master system1, I have added 4 remote UCI engines called "Remote_system2_SF1"..."Remote_system2_SF4" corresponding to 4 subfolders on slave system2 that contain the proper contents, including SF.exe, .ini files, etc. In this way, I can add another 4 remote engines on system2 to the 11 IDeA engines instances running on the master system.
However, when I do the same thing on slave system2 for Komodo, only 3 of the 4 remote Komodo engines will run successfully when IDeA is started on system1.  "Remote_system2_KOM2", "Remote_system2_KOM3",and "Remote_system2_KOM4" run fine under IDeA. However "Remote_system2_KOM1", engine starts and then stops itself. It is started manually on system2 like all the remote engines and it does start.
Parent - By mattchess (**) Date 2020-02-20 03:00
Is there any possibility that you updated the engine (which needs to be local in the RTHOMESERVER folder) and forgot to update one of them?  Sorry for asking a question like "did you try powering off and on" - I only ask because I made this blunder myself once and then one of the remote engines no longer would initialize because the engine name in the config was different than the engine name for the .exe.
- - By centipawn (*) Date 2020-02-17 05:49 Upvotes 1
I've had the same a few times. I found that a system restart on the slave, and a restart of Aquarium on the master, usually fixes the problem.
Parent - - By Ghengis-Kann (***) Date 2020-02-20 00:40
Is it possible that the port number is different in Aquarium and RTHomeServer406.ini?

I don't know of any way to check the port number of a remote engine in Aquarium after it has been added, but suggest you try removing it and then adding it again making sure the port number is assigned correctly.
Parent - - By rov (*) Date 2020-02-20 07:10
There is possible to export engines settings to xml file. Inside that file we can see port number and IP address.
Parent - - By cma6 (****) Date 2020-03-04 02:17
Thanks for the suggestions. Different port numbers was my first thought. But recreating the remote engine on the master system did not help. However, Komodo engines in the RTHomeserver folders on the slave system are several years out of date. But I don't see why that would matter.
Parent - - By CumnorChessClub (***) Date 2020-03-04 19:33 Edited 2020-03-04 19:42
Check the following file "Aquarium2020\Data\Config\engines.xml" , scroll down a bit in the file to info for IP of remote engine and port number

Also Aquarium tends to drop some of the remote engines if they are slow in responding and eventually come back up running, maybe increasing the overhead in the RTHserver and RTHclient may help.
Parent - By Ghengis-Kann (***) Date 2020-03-05 16:54
I almost completely fixed the engine dropping problem by switching the remote computers from Wifi to ethernet cables.
Still happens now and then but not nearly the problem it was before.
Up Topic Rybka Support & Discussion / Aquarium / RTHome problem

Powered by mwForum 2.27.4 © 1999-2012 Markus Wichitill