Not logged inRybka Chess Community Forum
Up Topic Correspondence Chess / Correspondence Chess / Uly vs. Antares: ...Batback to the hellknown!
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-04-16 21:31
1. *
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-04-19 02:46
Welp, so I was going to play 1. d4, but knowing you, it wouldn't surprise me if you just copied my white moves against me and let me play against myself :razz: - that's why I have never played someone with both white and black simultaneously. Until now. On Rybka Forum (at ICCF and LSS it's commonplace...)

But this fixes it I guess:

1. e4
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-04-19 07:42
As you asked me for and i wrote you: you get a fair chance to improve on your original game (its very unlikely for me to differ in early stage, but maybe later in the middlegame i might want to have chance for improvement as well... :grin:). But its also clear: The earlier you differ, the less it will have to do with that game/position. :razz:

1...e5 *
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-07 02:56
Well...

***SPOILER ALERT***

2.Bc4? sucks

3.Bc4?! sucks

I don't know what Italians were thinking.

Sure, they are my goto-choices OTB, but that nonsense has no place in serious correspondence games. The only way you'll see me again in those structures is if you accept my offer from the other thread. Otherwise, I'm deviating already.

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3

rnbqkbnr/pppp1ppp/8/4p3/4P3/5N2/PPPP1PPP/RNBQKB1R b KQkq -
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-08 07:13 Edited 2018-05-08 07:17

> The only way you'll see me again in those structures is if you accept my offer from the other thread.


Uly, you asked me to "play this game again" and i practically offered you this on a silver-tray (see above) "its very unlikely for me to differ in early stage" (hence: ...Batback to the hellknown!), just the very little price you would have to pay -seeing White playing for a forced draw somewhere is boring as hell as you can imagine- would be this White-game... Edit: if you have a specific move/position in mind, please name it and i will consider it.
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-08 19:47

> if you have a specific move/position in mind, please name it and i will consider it.


Nah, you wanted games from scratch and you got them. I guess once they're over you'll have to decide if you want to have the cake or eat it.
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-08 20:40

> I guess once they're over you'll have to decide if you want to have the cake or eat it.


Well, by going here with 2. Nf3 you basically realized yourself that playing for a draw with White is simply not worth it. Something different would it be if you think you had a winning-move... i mean, i myself held back one (25. g4!) because i thought we would discuss that position sometime in WBCCC which now could never come true, so be sure i had my single chance and also payed my price. But in the end, busting your Urusov was just worth it all! :twisted:
Parent - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-09 16:27
I didn't realize anything, you can't expect me to play the game again and find a better deviation early on, when the best deviation possible is 2.Nf3. Had you really wanted to go that way you'd have continued the negotiations instead of rushing up the start of the games, which didn't rush anything due to my pacing, anyway.

At least I'll get to see how you defend against the Spanish, if all future games would be with the Sicilian, this will be my only chance, so I'm happy about that.
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-08 15:55
Ok, so now you "forced" me into a Ruy where i normally would play a Sicilian... :yell:

2...Nc6 *
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-08 19:49
At least it's hell for both of us :twisted:

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5

r1bqkbnr/pppp1ppp/2n5/1B2p3/4P3/5N2/PPPP1PPP/RNBQK2R b KQkq -
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-09 17:13

> At least it's hell for both of us :twisted:


Discussing with you is sometimes hell for me - yes :grin:, but the Spanish is so marshalled-deaddrawn (=the definition of peace, a wide flowerful greenland!) that i'm really curious what you want to offer as you think of 1. e4! "best by test"... i gave you a fair chance here: No Sicilian (and no complain about No-Urusov - ok, i had a little laugh because you chicked out :lol:), No Petroff, No Berlin... so make the best of it.

3...a6 *
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-10 01:42
What I have to offer will be a surprise, I won't spoil it...

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4

r1bqkbnr/1ppp1ppp/p1n5/4p3/B3P3/5N2/PPPP1PPP/RNBQK2R b KQkq -
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-11 19:42
4...Nf6 *
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-11 21:24
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O

r1bqkb1r/1ppp1ppp/p1n2n2/4p3/B3P3/5N2/PPPP1PPP/RNBQ1RK1 b kq -


And I looked at 1.d3; no good.
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-12 07:42

> And I looked at 5.d3; no good.


Can't judge for corr, OTB a lot of masters currently play it.

5...Be7 *
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-12 18:55
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1

r1bqk2r/1pppbppp/p1n2n2/4p3/B3P3/5N2/PPPP1PPP/RNBQR1K1 b kq -
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-12 22:12
I definitely checked 5...b5!?, but as you already had that Torture'TRIversy with Om and i urgently want to see your surprise...

6...b5 (7. Bb3 O-O) *
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-13 04:20
There, making move without looking at anything...

7. Bb3 O-O

My turn again...
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-13 11:42
Yes, there can't be an Uly-game without "My turn again..." :wink:

It was a bright day when i could actually force you for not one, but TWO!!, moves - because they were the only ones legal. (And i haven't forgotten that you also tried to weasel one for me as well :twisted:)

But i already have bad news for you: Behind the 7.Bb3-tree was a little monster hidden!

                      

7...O-O *

(And yes, there is a reason why the world elite opts for 5. d3 or 3. Bc4, which in your universe is "?! sucks")
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-14 00:43
Interestingly, for this position I have 8.c3 as ?? because it leads to a drawn variation, but I have 8.c3 d5?? as it leads to a draw variation. Things that I'd avoid from both sides...

So, here's the last surviving variation in my analysis, and if this doesn't do anything, I'm abandoning 1.e4 entirely, as all I see is drawn variations... (eh, my Sicilian is getting killed in another game, though...)

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 O-O 8. h3

r1bq1rk1/2ppbppp/p1n2n2/1p2p3/4P3/1B3N1P/PPPP1PP1/RNBQR1K1 b - -
Parent - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-17 08:42
(If we would play for something real big, i would definitely play d6 here, which also would have been my choice against 8. c3 anyway. But as i'm real curious for the promised surprise, i stick with the mainline...)

8...Bb7 *
Parent - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-17 08:48
Btw., with all your love for the Urusov (which indeed is a romantic beauty) and as you said, that game meant to you: Wouldn't it have been a lot bigger proving it playable against me than even any Ruy-win (yes, i let you dream a little...) could be? Isn't that spirit what is left in corr-chess '18?, playing some lovely openings/gambits or risky moves? And hey, Cambdrige Springs for example would have really interested me... so much nice lines in d4 besides usual semi-slav.
Parent - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-17 22:13
She also seems to have a preference for the Spanish! :smile:

Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-19 13:11
As i have already given you several pleasant suprises=presents (including this beautiful Mexican :eek: chick :eek:), WHERE is mine???
Parent - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-20 04:43

>(If we would play for something real big, i would definitely play d6 here, which also would have been my choice against 8. c3 anyway. But as i'm real curious for the promised surprise, i stick with the mainline...)


My surprise was for d6, so no chance for it now :razz:

Maybe our perfect game would have been c3 d6 - but no way I'd have allowed c3 d5 - I had enough of those variations with Mark. And I have beaten him in the past, but never there, I just haven't found what white should play...

>Btw., with all your love for the Urusov


What love for the Urusov? Are you speaking of the 2013 Uly that used to say foolish things like Bc4 > Bb5 and then went to lose several Spanish games against Master Om? That guy doesn't even exist anymore. He used to love corr chess more than I do, however...

>Isn't that spirit what is left in corr-chess '18?


I don't know if there's something left. All my interesting ideas to spice up the game get easily killed by today's engines, specially Stockfish 9, the "idea's killer", not only refuting current ideas, but those ideas I had prepared, but never played, because I thought "Hehe, there's this very fun variation, I'll launch it against a future opponent when I have the chance!" *Years later* "here it is, the position I had prepared! Let me check it with Stockfish 9!" ... "Darn, it doesn't work, and it's easily refuted! Let me go back to the drawing board..."

>(including this beautiful Mexican :eek: chick  :eek:


Pfft! You call her beautiful? You should talk with some of my friends! :yell:
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-20 05:58
Anyway, I got nothing for 8...Bb7 - as I said, this all backpropagates to 1.e4, so I'm dropping it. The draw is yours if you want it, take it unless you want to try to beat me as black :roll:

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 O-O 8. h3 Bb7 9. d3 {Draw offer.}
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-20 08:18

> Maybe our perfect game would have been c3 d6 - but no way I'd have allowed c3 d5


Marshall is very difficult to beat yes, still there are at least some tryable sidelines...

> That guy doesn't even exist anymore. He used to love corr chess more than I do, however...


Yes, a lot of his romance for the game was lost to purely engine-following, which you can't really do in '18... there corr-chess starts in the sidelines - the playable sidelines.

> All my interesting ideas to spice up the game get easily killed by today's engines


Where did you spice up here?

I think playing d3 a little earlier, by move 5 or 6 (maybe instead of that "costly" Re1), would help.
Just looking at the board i see that Black is fully ready to play, where White hasn't even developed a single piece on its queens-side, but invested 3 of its moves into the bishop, one in Re1 (where e4 still has to be protected with d3 now), one in h3 where the b7-bishop never will land... so i would suggest we at least play on a little and look at White's further plans...

9...d5 *

r2q1rk1/1bp1bppp/p1n2n2/1p1pp3/4P3/1B1P1N1P/PPP2PP1/RNBQR1K1 w - d6 0 10
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-20 09:04
Disclaimer: Everything I say here assumes I'll draw you in the other game. If you do beat me again - I don't even know. You have no idea how much effect you've had in my life, have you? For you these might just be some chess games, but my life would have been completely different in the year and a half following my defeat against you. I guess that's what happens when you turn your hobby into your life and then you realize you're not good at it, huh?

> Marshall is very difficult to beat yes, still there are at least some tryable sidelines...


I really need to see how you attack the Marshall, I mean, if we ever play a game again...

>Where did you spice up here?


The spice happens on the analysis, and gets killed by the engines, so you don't get to taste it...

>i would suggest we at least play on a little and look at White's further plans...


Can do...
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-20 09:42
Please just move when you have fun analyzing&playing :smile:... there is no time-control, no rules, so its just up to you to let lay it forever. Today, better go out and enjoy the sun, night-life, drawing or whatever attracts your mind&soul.

More importantly: Uly, do you do sports/workout? When not, i would suggest immediately starting with it! It's pure gold, not just for your body, but also for your mind-power... your system, your balance, and especially your self esteem - and thats what brings the chicks to the gear. :wink:
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-20 10:32

> More importantly: Uly, do you do sports/workout? When not, i would suggest immediately starting with it! It's pure gold, not just for your body, but also for your mind-power... your system, your balance, and especially your self esteem - and thats what brings the chicks to the gear. :wink:


Eh, that's not my problem. I could show you many photos of me with Mexican woman that are better looking than the one you posted. I am handsome, and I know it. And I also got the attitude, with this last girl I lived with for a while, I got her into my bed in two days...

My problem is that I'm very exigent with what I want, as one day I realized I could be with anyone I wanted. My sister claims that my failure is that I'm waiting for an unrealistic perfect girl that does not exist, while I claim I'm waiting for the best one (which exists, by definition), and so far I've only found flawed ones that aren't clearly the best. I'm searching for the Chess girl, and I've only found Poker, Checkers, Monopoly or even Go girls... They're not games I'd be interested in dedicating my life to, and I'm not interested in casual or open relationships...

The one is yet to appear, but I'm confident once she does everything will flow smoothly.

My biggest advantage is that I know exactly what I want, so it's a matter of finding it, sometimes the biggest problems for guys is that they have no idea, and I bet most of them would be happy with girls I have ditched (oh, if I described them you'd probable think I was retarded for letting them go), but I won't make compromises, nor will I resign myself to something less than the best. If I learned something from corr games is to be patient.

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 O-O 8. h3 Bb7 9. d3 d5 10. exd5
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-20 12:43

> I'm searching for the Chess girl, and I've only found Poker, Checkers, Monopoly or even Go girls...


I thought chess is the last thing you need a woman for... :razz: I already told you that in my youth i used to play strip-chess, but i should have let her win from time to time, as i always just queened my king... :lol:

                                       

10...Nxd5 *
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-20 22:49

> I thought chess is the last thing you need a woman for... :razz:


Do I need to explain it as if you were 5? I mean that if women were games, I'd be searching for the woman that was chess, this has nothing to do with the games I'd play with them. This has nothing to do with their taste in games. I didn't know I sucked at analogies :roll:

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 O-O 8. h3 Bb7 9. d3 d5 10. exd5 Nxd5 11. Nbd2

r2q1rk1/1bp1bppp/p1n5/1p1np3/8/1B1P1N1P/PPPN1PP1/R1BQR1K1 b - -
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-21 08:48

> Do I need to explain it as if you were 5?


Ok, we were on a very good way yesterday, but now i decided to toast you alive - again! :twisted:

> 11. Nbd2


Uh, the famous Ulymish-variation, which looks like a try to play for a draw already... Antares is now very angry! :mad:
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-21 10:50
What 11th move did you have in mind for white? The only alternative I saw was 11.a4 and I basically completely refute it to a draw...
Parent - - By MoKy (**) [sk] Date 2018-06-09 09:49 Upvotes 1
Parent - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-06-09 12:36
You're Mario?

Playable may also be 11...Nxe5 12. Rxe5 Qd6 13. Re1 Rae8 14. Nd2 c5 (Qg6!?) 15. Ne4 Qc6, didn't check too deep.
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-22 13:31
11...Qd7 *

r4rk1/1bpqbppp/p1n5/1p1np3/8/1B1P1N1P/PPPN1PP1/R1BQR1K1 w - - 2 12
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-22 23:50
Whoa! I never thought I'd see the day where a silent Anton appeared. I wonder if you're truly upset about it, and if you are, I guess one can take trash-talking too far...

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 O-O 8. h3 Bb7 9. d3 d5 10. exd5 Nxd5 11. Nbd2 Qd7
12. a4

r4rk1/1bpqbppp/p1n5/1p1np3/P7/1B1P1N1P/1PPN1PP1/R1BQR1K1 b - -
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-23 07:48

> Whoa! I never thought I'd see the day where a silent Anton appeared.


No worry, i'm still the same old Anton/Toni, but what is even worse, you're still the same old Ul[y|i] :yell:...
that guy that was rushed into two chess-games, rushed in the sense of making two moves within three weeks out of his 0.00-book but not even buckling a whimper when he tricks his opponent into "secondary e5"-moves... unbelieveable!, the same old soup in '18-cans.
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-23 08:13
Okay, so tell me, would you have rather played a Sicilian against my e4 and only played a single game? Or is the tricky forced e5 worth playing 2 games? Because it's never late to cancel these and pretend that never happened :razz:

Otherwise, we've already gone over this: the games might have not been rushed, but the negotiations were, just try, for a moment, to be on my shoes:

Uly: Hey Anton, are you interested in replaying this Urusov game's endgame again, to see if I can save it?

Anton: SURPRISE! NOW YOU'RE PLAYING TWO GAMES AGAINST ME WITH BOTH COLORS! FROM SCRATCH! MWAHAHA!

:eek:
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-23 08:38
I'm perfectly fine with our games, even with your (1...e5-weaseled, granting you no Petroff/Berlin/Marshall doing you some kind of favor - how dumb!) and my own (no Nimzo/Catalan/4.e3-SemiSlav) set restrictions.

What drives me nuts is that "rush-complain" (you could have done that before your first moves, but there it was no topic) and obviously all that Urusov-whining, where you simply claimed 0.00 down in the move 30ies, took several months and still ended in a disaster.
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-23 09:13

> What drives me nuts is that "rush-complain"


Go back and check, I only whine and complain when you whine and complain. I'm perfectly fine with our games as well :grin:

> you simply claimed 0.00 down in the move 30ies, took several months and still ended in a disaster


But was it because of a bug or not? It's a question for the ages, until we investigate.

Because, you always make fun of my pictures and claims, yet, you went and claimed that some position was a mate in 73. Really? You solved some 11men position into a #73? Do you still hold that claim?

Because, I'd be happy if we jumped back into that position and was able to hold you for 74 moves, no draw necessary!

Otherwise, you claimed the previous game was a -0.66. Just a -0.66. So, what is it? I'm a player so lousy that I can't defend a -0.66 position? Was 46. Qa2?? a game losing move?

Impossible! As I refuted all other moves that weren't 46. Qa2!! So that leads to a contradiction!

Either:

-Your Mate in 73 claim is bogus

Or

-The position that you claimed was -0.66 was actually a mate in 74! As all other moves were losing faster than 46. Qa2!!

In all cases I win, because you're wrong about move 45 or wrong about move 46.

To me, at what point you were wrong is a life mystery, intriguing, and worth investigating. Maybe one day.

But please don't tell the the mate in 73 claim was just a joke, that would kind of spoil the ending :razz:
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-23 09:38
It indeed was a mate in 73 and i indeed was aware of that long before, the only reason i just slightly increased -see it as a controlled triggering- my eval was simply because every centipawn more would have delayed the obvious further for several days - yes, per centipawn. :twisted:
Parent - - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-23 09:50
Okay, now tell me what was my losing move in that game, the one when you truly jumped from -x.xx to a mate in X :razz:
Parent - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-23 10:38
I'm sure it was already won with 35...Bb4!!, a move which wasn't found by '14-engines alone (and even '18 ones have a long time -if- before making it their first choice!) and was manually extended by myself down to 48...Re8/49...Re7 in the way i still analyze today - which to me is what corr-chess is all about! No Aquarium, no DeepXY, no 24h-IA... but creating trees and working on a position - trying to understand its nuances. :smile:

And yes, you stated yourself that you didn't expected(=understood the power of) it, so we both know what all that "bug-whining" is all about... i understood within a single session what took you additional 6 weeks to realize: you're completely lost! Oh yes, 3 days later you gave a kind eval of -0.05... HAHA!!! Believe me, the fun was really on my sides for weeks, and is still when i think about it. And all the PM's i received about that game make it simply the most memorable of all!
Parent - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-23 12:43
Now i offer you a pawn for two moves (and an exciting game), and you don't take it...

12...f6 *

r4rk1/1bpqb1pp/p1n2p2/1p1np3/P7/1B1P1N1P/1PPN1PP1/R1BQR1K1 w - - 0 13
Parent - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-11 19:53
Must admit i had a deeper look at the [deferred] Cozio (4...Nge7), but it simply can't be played here on no-limit corr-level... though fine for blitz/rapid as world-elite (Grischuk, Aronian, Moro) already showed.
- - By Uly (Gold) [mx] Date 2018-05-25 12:53

>I'm sure it was already won with 35...Bb4!!


Well, perhaps one day I'll check it, if you ever agree to replay that game after we're done with our current ones. And remember that if I want to play from a position before 35...Bb4 that means I have to accept the bug had nothing to do with your victory, and you'd have defeated me anyway, isn't that what everyone wants?

>which to me is what corr-chess is all about! No Aquarium, no DeepXY, no 24h-IA... but creating trees and working on a position - trying to understand its nuances. :smile:


But I don't need an opponent for that. I could just stay at home and analyze the most interesting positions that I know, and pounce on them without ever reaching an endgame. I think this is user923005's approach, and I'd believe him if he said the whole point was creating trees and working on a position...

But you? You don't have enough with that! Otherwise I wouldn't have been necessary in these games, you could have created some Antares vs. Antares threads and played with yourself! You wouldn't be needing to create games against Master Om or LazyFrank!

So corr-chess can't be all about creating trees and working on positions.

I just had this discussion on Talkchess this year, and it applies to you, the fact is:

If corr-chess was all about creating trees and work on positions, back when you played 35...Bb4 you could have shared all your analysis with me! Together, we could have joined our trees and work on the position as a team to understand its nuances.

Why didn't you do it? Why are your trees exclusive and even after the games are over you keep all your analysis secret?

Because you want to win!

You create trees and work on positions, not because it's fun, not because you enjoy it, you do it because you want to win and doing that is the best way to achive the victory that you want.

I also hate Aquarium and I don't get anything from 24h-IA, but that's only because such things have only hurt my performance. Also, DeepXY is necessary, it doesn't matter how many trees one builds, and how many positions one works on, if that doesn't help one to defeat DeepXY.

>And all the PM's i received about that game make it simply the most memorable of all!


Yeah, our game was the most memorable of all to me as well. But unlike you, I'm not certain of its status, I really wish to manage to draw it on a replay...

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 O-O 8. h3 Bb7 9. d3 d5 10. exd5 Nxd5 11. Nbd2 Qd7 12. a4 f6 13. Ne4
Parent - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-25 15:13
Ok, now i understood why you aim to answer on the whole thread instead of the last [move-]post: the trash-talk is now screen-filling! Yet Anton is aiming now to sports, he may answer later... your chances heavily increasing when there are two new moves of yours as well. :grin: Cheers! :lol:

                      

13...Na5 *

r4rk1/1bpqb1pp/p4p2/np1np3/P3N3/1B1P1N1P/1PP2PP1/R1BQR1K1 w - - 2 14
Parent - - By Antares (****) [de] Date 2018-05-25 20:40

> to play from a position before 35...Bb4 that means I have to accept the bug had nothing to do with your victory


Nice that we can finally agree on that minimum, as it really makes absolutely no sense replaying before Black's 35th move (its a different Urusov then!)... with it the -in your thinking still- grey-zone starts, because as you were [hopefully painfully! :twisted:] remainded again today, it was already down to your 49th move where you still thrown out a big "I have solved this position to a draw. White claims a tie.", which i more or less have to consider as double-checked (we're speaking about a corr-game here!), so i must see this with a 100,48273976% probability -cross-refering to Art. 89 ยง 3 of the Universal corr-chess rulebook- bug-unaffected as well :lol:... so lets see it like this: If you can draw with move 49 - the real endgame, my biggest respect! With every move earlier there would be already some kind of '18-bonus-"bad-taste"... especially as you know, in '14 you simply couldn't!, even when directly reminded with a mate in 73. But its now up to you where you see an improvement... the price to replay will anyways have to be paid (=an interesting position for me as well), my dear. :grin:

> But unlike you, I'm not certain of its status, I really wish to manage to draw it on a replay...


Its anyways very nice seeing it still working in your mind! I can imagine you looking up to the stars, noticing Antares (which here can be seen today!) and just seeing...




:grin:

> you could have shared all your analysis with me!


Uly, i have already given you some good advices, but you all discared them! So, what do you complain? I already shared with you 35...Bb4 being the critical point, which is a very helpful start for your re-analysis... without this helper, i don't know where you would start... You?! :smile:

> Because you want to win!


That time i indeed just wanted to kick your little chess-___, but now i'm way more relaxed... corr-chess in '18 is very difficult, especially given unrestricted resources including time, therefore only fun can be the main driver - and it is! :grin: This is especially true as you're now especially carefully&motivated against me - making you easily a 2400-player with not much presents for me.

Cand. ICCF-IM invited me to a KID, and i wanted to animate the great not-so-Lazy Frank for a little common analysis... simply because its more fun, and analyzing KID on your own is simply pretty insane. Dan is a great helpful guy, and with his resources i very understand that he wants to steer his analyzes where his interests are.
Up Topic Correspondence Chess / Correspondence Chess / Uly vs. Antares: ...Batback to the hellknown!
1 2 Previous Next  

Powered by mwForum 2.27.4 © 1999-2012 Markus Wichitill