Will Jitan defend his title, or run away like prodigy?
Is there a pgn with all games from 2013 one somewhere ?
> Fun tournament to follow can't wait for 2014 edition!
It is even more fun to play than spectate.
Are you able to copy it and re-publish it so it is last in the comments? Would make it so much easier to reply to. If it generates a few replies, having it in the middle will mean the replies get buried. I can copy the post, but then the original post is under my name, not yours.
> stupid americans who make moronic comments.
You are right Garvin, we have millions of those over here, we call them Democrats.
> Hello ,My name is Fauzi and am form Jordan ,
Hello Fauzi and welcome to our event.
I have seen your comments in the computer chess threads and that you have listed your full name in the list of players, but at this stage your entry as a new player is PROVISIONAL. There is much to do before you are a confirmed entrant. The first step is that you need to read the following rules, which are the rules that will be in effect for this event:
1) Tournament will be single round robin, meaning every person will play each other once.
2) A players seed position will be determined by their order of entry. The earlier you enter, the higher your number. The first person to enter will receive number 1. The seed position determines which number a player is in the round robin.
3) Entries open December 1 2013
4) Entries close January 6 2014
5) Play begins January 13 2014
6) Each round will be paired at the start of the event, with the pairings for the entire year published at the start.
7) Each round will have a maximum of four games, most likely two games (just like 2011, 2012 and 2013). The number of games will always be kept to a bare minimum
8) There will be a maximum of six paired rounds.
9) The minimum time control will be 30 days plus 1 hour per move. If the number of games per round needs to increase from 2 to 3 or 4, the time control will be lengthened. For instance, if we have 21 players, so needing 4 games per round to keep the number of games even and use five rounds, instead of the six rounds in 2013.
9) Pairings for future rounds are subject to change due to withdrawal of players and unforeseen circumstances.
10) If a player withdraws, or their games time out without an explanation that is accepted by the arbiter, all their games will be removed from the event. In effect they are no longer a participant in the event and no effect on the final placings.
11) There will be an official entry form that all players will be required to fill out before their entry will be accepted. This is so in case of emergency the organisers have a method of contact outside of Rybka Forum. It will include also include a person other than yourself to contact. Whilst I understand this might seem unnecessary to some, I do hope that events from 2013 (death of Salvador Signes and our inability to get in contact with the family) do show the need for better communication methods.
12) Xfccplay- Xfccplay is the official software provided for WBCCC 2014. Xfccplay is provided for the free use for participants whilst in the event. A user name and password will be provided once registered. Also download instructions will be provided by private message and these must be followed to install the program. The program is provided by chessok and is not to be passed on to anyone and is provided for the sole use of playing in WBCCC. All moves, draw offers etc in WBCCC 2014 must be played on this software.
13) New entrants will be required to play a couple of test games on xfccplay before entries close so that the arbiter is certain that all players are familiar with the software and its features. The organisers do not want to see players withdrawing after the event has begun because they find that they are unfamiliar with the software and get upset because their clock is running. Entries are open from December 1 to January 6. That is over a month to become familiar with the software. The organisers will not accept entries from players who have not tested the software.
The key pieces of information are:
That entries close Monday January 6th 11:59PM GMT, that we have an official software program and that two test games must be played on it.
So your next step is you need to send a private message to Dadi Jonsson, the site admin, tell him you are an entrant in WBCCC 2014 and he assist you in setting up xfccplay, installing the program, your username and password and that two test games will appear. Dadi may not reply for a day or so as your pm will be unexpected. Urgency on your part does not create urgency on his part when for him he is not aware of any issues.
Those two test games will be against myself. I will then talk you through the features of the program, how to make conditional moves and variations, en passant captures, pawn promotions, draw offers and declines and many other features as required.
All this needs to be completed by Monday 6th January for your entry to be completed. I did warn you a few days ago that time was of the essence and you needed to get a move on. So this in now another few days since then.
You are facing twelve months of solid chess ahead, not just a couple of games against one opponent. If you can not complete a few simple instructions such as above, then perhaps this event is not for you. Withdrawals half way through the first set of games cause a lot of difficulties and are best avoided.
Hope to see you in the event.
>Hello ,My name is Fauzi and am form Jordan , and I would like to partecipate in the WBCCC 2014 to challenge National12
Being good friends with Paul (NATIONAL12) only he can get people to bite in this way lmao ... As he pointed out to me recently he has made so many of these offers and some have involved much larger sums and yet it has not cost him a single English penny.
Here`s hoping Fauzi gets accepted
> Lets just hope to have white pieces against him :)
Your odds are 50%
> Hello ,My name is Fauzi and am form Jordan , and I would like to partecipate in the WBCCC 2014 to challenge National12 since he have made some interesting incentive.
Hows that working out for you,
Jitan still to confirm. Will Alvin change his mind?
If entries get close to the 25/26 cut off between round robin and swiss ie 25 and we stay with round robin, 26 and we are back to individual swiss, the entry closing time of Monday January 6th 23:59 GMT will be strictly enforced. I will send information to Dadi straight after closing time as I am sure the 25 who have entered will want round robin and their 25 games, rather than going back to 12 games.
I will enjoy watching all your games as spectator.
> so the countdown is finished but I can't still see any active game in my xfcc
Entries have closed. That is all. Games do not start till Monday 13th January 2am GMT.
This then ensures that those who accepted Paul's offer have to complete at least 50% or more of the event before having a chance to win Paul's offer, whilst still for all other entrants, their event continues on as normal.
WBCCC 2014 Arbiter
> Thanks. Good to have a confirmation.
I am also confirming that games have disappeared.
If I have the database open that I am saving games from XFCC too, then send a
move, I have been getting an error which freezes aquarium and corrupts those games
within the database.
This happens with all Aquarium 2014 builds.
I move and the client say "InvalidMove" in two games...
> I cant move. I move and the client say "InvalidMove" in two games...
Please read Dadi's post above about what has occurred.
If you want, i can write in spanish and will say Realmente no comprendo porque la gente no entiende que hay muchas lenguas y no todos podemos estar horas traduciendo cantidad de posts....
Powered by mwForum 2.27.4 © 1999-2012 Markus Wichitill